View Single Post
Old 03-04-2012, 11:27 AM   #18
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro View Post
One quick question. I prefer using tags for collections, but with multiple readers, I was adding a tag for the reader the book was on, which are now collections I don't want. I was wondering if you had a better way of showing in calibre, which books are on each reader when they aren't connected?
Calibre has thought of everything, you know You have 2 choices, pick whichever appeals most:
  1. Suppose you have 2 readers and you're using tags retro1 and retro2 in Calibre to denote which reader(s) a book is on. If you don't want retro1 and retro2 to become Sony Collections on the readers, all you have to do is to put square brackets around those tags, i.e. [retro1] and [retro2]

If you've tagged a lot of books, you can use the Edit metadata button to bulk-rename tag retro1 to [retro1].
    Select all retro1 books by entering tags:retro1 in the search bar
    Highlight them all
    Press the Edit metadata button and on the 'Basic metadata tab',
    Add tags: [retro1]
    Remove tags: retro1
    Repeat to rename retro2 to [retro2]
  2. Create a new Calibre custom column to hold the retro1, retro2 metadata rather than making them tags. The most suitable column-type is probably
    'Comma separated text, like tags, shown in tag browser' or
    'Text, but with a fixed set of permitted values'

FWIW, I use the second option, but don't let that influence you
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote