View Single Post
Old 02-13-2012, 04:29 PM   #62
toddos
Guru
toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Nokia Lumia 920 (Freda)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Chapman View Post
That is a very good point. I did try it out when it was first released, and I found the performance quite poor. But I know they've done a load of work on it since, so I should look at it again.
Well, you may have to do some work with your data source to make it work well with virtualization (I haven't used LongListSelector so I'm not sure what's required). But "choppy scrolling on large lists" is the very definition of the problem that virtualized list controls solve, and LongListSelector is a virtualized list control
toddos is offline   Reply With Quote