View Single Post
Old 01-18-2012, 11:42 PM   #439
Peter 1977
Peter 1977 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
You can set the language by giving the actual number. So The GUI can be extended with new languages without changing the mobi2mobi program.
For example:

--language fi

and

--language 0x000b

should give the same result.

I actually do not know what a dictionary option is. Also as you have noted the UTF8 support is non-existant (it actually packs the file in the wrong way).
Calibre I think support utf8 for mobipocket generation. But this hould be irrelevant for mobi2mobi.
the problem is that many people would not know how or where to do this in the gui i assume thats hex your using you would need an option to enter one manually and a list to refer to. at the moment you can onlyselect neutral or from a limited list of languages also if you do change something it should auto tick i wasnt sure if it was applying at first it was only later that i realised it wasnt.

dictionaryin/out is what im referring to. with the touch some dictionaries are appearing in the wrong list and you can no longer select which dictionary language to use only which one under a particular language this is now auto selected and based on the dictionaryin/out metadata . you can unpack a mobi file and change it in mobi pocket creator but the last one i tried failed to publish due to utf8 validity errors even without this problem it seems much easier to directly edit and save it through this gui interface.
Peter 1977 is offline   Reply With Quote