Thread: Troubleshooting Kindle Touch battery life
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2011, 03:47 PM   #8
VictoriaP
Addict
VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2; Kindle Touch; Kindle 2; iPad Mini; iPad1
Um...I think you got some bad CS advice there. That doesn't sound normal to me.

Start with the obvious: wifi on or off?

With wifi off, I can get four or five days of multi-hour daily reading on the Touch before it dips to 25% or so. But if wifi is on, the battery drops like a stone, even worse than leaving 3G on with the K2 ever did. Wifi on means I get maybe two days before I have to recharge.

Assuming wifi is off, have you checked to see if everything has indexed? (For those who don't know how to check this, run a search. If the Kindle is still indexing your books or has run into a problem, there will be a listing for "Not Yet Indexed". Unless you just recently downloaded these, you're best off deleting them and redownloading.)

If it *appears* to have indexed everything, and another 20 second reset doesn't fix the problem either, a file still may be corrupt. Unfortunately the only way to know on that is to basically start over, clearing the Kindle and adding only a few files at a time, with a wait in between to see if your battery usage changes.

One other thought: are you using the Amazon lighted case? It *shouldn't* be an issue, but I'd want to confirm that by not using it for a time before I eliminated it as a potential cause here.

(LOL--cross posted with Blossom!)
VictoriaP is offline   Reply With Quote