View Single Post
Old 04-01-2008, 10:46 PM   #9
moz
Addict
moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo H2O
My experience of PDF is that often it's hard to deal with even with a 1200x1600 monitor (twice the size, four times the area of my 505). The problem is that the graphics are generally compressed to illegibility and few systems support colour managed pdfs well (because it embeds a range of image formats, some of which are CM-hostile). But mostly it's that a graphic that looks ok viewing a full page on a 1024x768 screen looks awful blown up, but if I don't blow it up the text is very small and the graphics likewise.

This all gets worse when it's a "protected" pdf containing images of text. This is unfortunately common with online magazine subscriptions, although fortunately those usually have good money-back guarantees and a "why are you quitting" comment box. I found that not only could I not read the text, neither could my OCR software. bah!
moz is offline   Reply With Quote