Thread: Sony or Nook?
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 09:06 PM   #61
Wordeater
Connoisseur
Wordeater can load mercury with a pitchforkWordeater can load mercury with a pitchforkWordeater can load mercury with a pitchforkWordeater can load mercury with a pitchforkWordeater can load mercury with a pitchforkWordeater can load mercury with a pitchforkWordeater can load mercury with a pitchforkWordeater can load mercury with a pitchforkWordeater can load mercury with a pitchforkWordeater can load mercury with a pitchforkWordeater can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppaea View Post
This warranty thing is something that does not stop to amaze me. Perfectly fine things are returned and people get a full refund. Or they fuck it up and hold the company liable for their fault. German law does not honor when someone wants to return something they have already used because they don't like it. They are grown up, are allowed to do business and are meant to make up their minds before they purchase something.

Whenever I read Americans return things they already used or worse fucked up themselves and brag about it I am baffled. Someone will have to pay for the waste and it is the community of buyers via higher prices that pays for them.
Totally agree!
Some places now won't sell Christmas lights. (for example) The reason?
People ACTUALLY buy them and use them over the Christmas season, take them down, and RETURN them! I've heard of people buying BBQs and returning them after using them, never mind people buying clothes and returning them after actually wearing them to an event.
To me it just shows how low a level society is heading toward. Good on the Germans! Good to hear someone has it together, but I'll guess they are not alone in their policy. Most 'forward' thinking nations undoubtedly have similar return policies.

With regard to the current topic....I would only consider a NOOK or Kindle if your budget would absolutely NOT allow getting a Sony. IMO, weight and battery life steered me away from the basic NOOK. I was all over the K3 until I got one in my hands. Absolutely had NO interest in even looking at the Sonys until I had decided against the other two.....then I realized how nearsighted I'd been initially. I would never recommend anything else. I have absolutely NO regrets with what I decided upon. If I was going to buy a 2nd reader it would be a PRS-350, hands down. But I ask myself,why would I need a 2nd one?
I bet I spend 99.9% of my time reading, and the rest buying books. I only think one might only miss having WiFi if you went from having it to going without, but I have NOT ever once thought WiFi would be something I'd want on my 650. Not once.

WE
Wordeater is offline   Reply With Quote