View Single Post
Old 07-25-2010, 09:27 AM   #73
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Chandler's book is the kind I'd like to "read" as an audiobook, but all I've been able to find are either abridged or even shorter dramatized versions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I've got a large collection of audiobooks, but the only Chandler one I have is an unabridged version of "The Big Sleep", and some BBC Radio dramatisations with Ed Bishop as Marlowe (these are very good!). I see that all that "Audible" appear to have are abridged versions.
Audio books. They are so widespread. I have a number of audio things, mostly podcasts, interesting material. But I do not listen to them, and stopped accumulating them, because they require concentration, and the only time I imagine I could activate it, is while driving on a long monotonous trip. But even then, there is a disturbance and there it goes the story, the thread, ...

How do you listen to them? can you give me some advice?
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote