View Single Post
Old 04-15-2009, 09:48 AM   #6
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlrowley View Post
A Kindle-users board also has the feature of matching folks who need samples (and don't have Whispernet) with others who are willing to download and forward. Samples are not DRM'd so this apparently works well.

It worked for me last week - even though I have Whispernet. Amazon removed the book "Q&A" (I think it was part of re-labeling it "Slumdog Millionaire"). Folks who had the sample on their Kindle were still able to purchase it, so a very nice user emailed me a copy of the sample and I was able to purchase the full novel on my Kindle, even though you can't buy it on the computer.

I'd be willing to forward the odd sample - LMK.
That had actually crossed my mind but I wasn't sure if the samples were DRMed (because I hadn't checked). This is a great idea. I'd be happy to share as well.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote