View Single Post
Old 01-04-2017, 11:27 AM   #36
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I think you're confusing "automation" with "stupid hiring practices" (or meaningless degrees too easily achieved) and corporate bureaucracy.

Automation isn't eliminatng any jobs. Unrealistic expectations, and a plethora of qualified candidates is simply causing the bar to be raised (for no good reason other than the fact that those doing the hiring want a candidate's CV to make the decision for them). Just like managers relying on policies to do their managing for them.

Technological Automation is innocent--and completely separate from the corporate world's penchant for adopting stupider and stupider (not to mention more and more) bureaucratic policies designed to eliminate the need for management to actually DO anything of any consequence. Think; "I didn't fire you; you fired yourself. Says so here in section 2 paragraph 4 of The Policy Handbook."

If anything, it's the "automation" of an almighty, self-governing Policy Buffer designed to keep The Company isolated from having to actually manage its human assets that's at fault, here. Social, bureaucratic automation is the problem, not technological automation. The world's going to policy itself to death. All because people want to follow a pre-ordained flowchart to make decisions for them throughout their work day. "Says right here an MBA is required, sir. If it were up to me, your BA and ten-years experience would be enough, but... policy is policy."

Last edited by DiapDealer; 01-04-2017 at 11:31 AM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote