View Single Post
Old 11-21-2011, 04:43 PM   #43
arthurmnev
arthurmnev began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook 902
Quote:
Originally Posted by machinogodzilla View Post
Dulin's Books is right, this option has no effect on PDFs. As for the refresh setting it has always been set to 'always'.

While I'm writing I will share a bit more of my musings. Before I received the PocketBook 902 I narrowed down the set of devices from which I was going to choose one to keep 'for life' to the following ones: Kindle DX, PocketBook 902/903, or Onyx Boox M series.

Today I discounted one contender, namely Kindle DX, as I got reply from Amazon that they would not tell me if they were planning to release Wi-Fi version of it or not, how nice of them. I want Wi-Fi in my reader for web browsing so this answer means a 'no' to me.

On the other hand I got a prompt reply from a Onyx representative who said (in a much nicer manner) that they were currently working on the issues with their devices (including the most infamous one where some of their readers, as I was told a very small percentage, die after going into standby) and the next update should be released within a month. I found it reassuring enough to give a green light to trying out one of their devices and it is going to be M90. By the way he also said that they would release a new model but you have to wait for it until the next Spring. I would prefer them to iron out the bugs in their existing models rather than shifting their attention to yet another one but what can I do.

For the sake of completeness I will also ask the people at PocketBook (this colour seem to suit it well) what their plans are but if the screen in the Onyx performs better then I think that they have slim chances of winning me over now. In the meantime I keep using my PocketBook in the landscape mode and find it satisfying enough when there is just regular text but these may be my last moments with it...

I'd hold off buying m90, i had it and returned it -- read my review on amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...R2LODFWXWCCPNO
arthurmnev is offline   Reply With Quote