View Single Post
Old 08-11-2011, 10:14 AM   #9
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
It is interesting how you can use the cards to come up with possible stories. The book has an entire chapter on Plotting using the cards in addition to one on Characters. It seems like a good way to spark your imagination. For example I drew Queen of Cups for my Protagonist and then Magician (for goal) 4 of Cups (for the stakes) and 5 of Cups (for internal conflict). So my character is sensitive towards others, honest & intelligent. His/her goal is to achieve mastery over their own life, the stakes for failure is dissatisfaction (needs work I know) and the internal conflict is that they suffer from self-doubt in their own abilities. Of course that just presents part of things. I still have to provide their name, gender, past history etc. to flesh the character out, but the cards do give a good start I think.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote