View Single Post
Old 02-04-2011, 01:27 PM   #10
astrodad
Guru
astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Paperwhite 1, iPad, iPhone
The app and the newspaper both have some problems but I think it's a strong first entry into a daily iPad newspaper genre. There are some quirks and performance issues with the navigation but the app provides some really interesting and unique features that make it stand out against the other news apps. As for the content, I think it's lacking in some areas. It needs a breaking news section, a tech section, a business section, and ways to customize the existing sections. The articles themselves are well written, in my opinion, although some may not like the Opinion section's neo-Conservative slant. I like The Daily, although I am not convinced on buying a subscription just yet. It will likely take me the full two weeks to decide.
astrodad is offline   Reply With Quote