View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 03:44 PM   #565
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Reading On Basilisk Station by David Weber, read by Allyson Johnson. This is the first book in the Honor Harrington Series, and it's an excellent book. Sadly, however, it's a horrible reader. The pronunciation of key words is totally wrong, and the accents given various characters are inappropriate and quite jarring. I'm going to finish this book,but I doubt I'll be able to read the rest of the series.
Well, it does get better. Still not great, but good enough that I can continue to read it. I moved on to The Honor of the Queen, which I just finished. Not sure whether I will read A Short Victorious War next, or perhaps C. J. Cherryh's Cyteen. I have both on my FireHD right now, so it could be either.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote