View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 01:19 AM   #350
slantybard
my parent's oops...
slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Vx->Handera->Clie-> Axim->505->650->KPW/Aura ->iOS/L2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Did you tried the new Book version it's been upsize a little to fix the too small problem. Gentium is a SIL font so you can resize it to whatever you want.

I had problems with fonts rebooting the PW so I am careful to only use non problematic fonts. For instance the Nook version of Amasis will crash the PW. It's a mystery why....

My version of Caecilia I just added weight to using Bold setting on font creator. The best thing to do is find your unmodified copy of the font and start over. I find it best to make several versions and give them different families names then compare them all on the PW till I find one I like and I keep that one.
Yes, I used the Book version and it was WAY better than your original versions from the other day. I think in the end, although they look really good on preview, that the shorter smaller letters like "s" and the taller letters like "h" were not as readable at size 2 or 3 as the stock Caecilia at size 2 is.

The custom version of Caecilia I used was simply renaming the bold (of the "light" Caecilia font) to regular and heavy (again of the "light" Caecilia font) to bold.

I have now extracted rootfs.img from the 5.3.3 bin update and found the fonts.cramfs.img with the stock PW fonts. Unfortunately, I am having troubles mounting the fonts.cramfs.img to actually get my hands on those fonts to try and make them slightly more heavy and use as a custom font. Once I get the fonts, I will try experimenting for fun.
slantybard is offline   Reply With Quote