Thread: Font Embedding?
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 05:27 PM   #74
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by teh603 View Post
Wow. I can't code modern HTML (last time I did serious coding was version 2.0 with hex code colors and netscape extensions), but I can tell that code's whacked.

Course I try to sidestep as much as possible by starting out with unformatted text. That way there's nothing to strip out. I guess I could do it more easily if I got used to adding P and /P tags, but I was always more of a BR guy.
Actually, using a good text editor, Sigil, and plain text (marked to show bold, italics, bolditalics, smallcaps, etc), you can easily make a well formatted ePub with good code.

Using Notepad++, it is very easy to search/replace the different paragraphs to put in <p></p>. Using Sigil it's very easy to fix up the ePub. You can easily produce well formatted ePub with good looking code. You just have to learn CSS and some basic HTML/XML.

As for the code I posted, that's just wrong on so many levels it may not even be possible to count how many.

Quote:
What's this about LRF not being right justified?
Old Sony Readers 500 (with the ePub firmware), 505, 600, and 700 all have a version of ADE that only displays right justified. Some do not like that and thus prefer LRF. And those with a 500 (without the ePub firmware) cannot use ePub except to convert it to LRF.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote