Thread: ePub file icon?
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2012, 11:21 PM   #23
pisceschick
Addict
pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Classic Nook, Kindle Keyboard, Nexus 7
I hope it's not too much of a faux pas to add to such an old topic, but since this came up as a top result in a Google search for info on editing my Windows 7 icons I decided to go ahead and do so.

I wanted to change the same "unknown file" icon type, and didn't feel comfortable mucking about in my registry so I did some searching and found a walkthrough and an application that worked very nicely for me!

Blog post: Using Default Programs Editor to Change File Type Icons in Windows 7 and Windows Vista
(Found via Microsoft Support)

And also, here is a link to the CNet page for the utility used.

For my icon, I recolored the mobi/azw icon to a lovely green close to that of the official epub logo. A nifty Photoshop plugin came in handy in saving the .ico filetype.
pisceschick is offline   Reply With Quote