View Single Post
Old 02-27-2012, 10:13 PM   #1133
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Kobo touch

I've bought Kobo touch yesterday in German "Saturn" market.
I've used tablets for quite some tome now, mainly my favorite: BlackBerry PlayBook.
But for reading only, I still find tablets kind of "overkill": Too heavy, battery life too limited.
So I've gone back to one of my favorite dedicated readers: Kindle DX Graphite.
I still love it, especially the Kindle bookstore. But I'm not too fond of the page turning buttons.
So, when seeing Kobo touch, I spontaneously went for it.
Because of BlackBerry PlayBook (only "professional" reading app in the BlackBerry market is Kobo), I already had bought some 200 eBooks from Kobo.

I had to install the Kobo software to activate it and download my original Kobo books. I really hate this. Much more conveniently solved on Kindle for example.
But now, after having transferred my initial library, it's actually a nice reading experience. I wouldn't use Kobo touch as my sole reader. But it's a great addition to Kindle DX Graphite.

I'd be interested in the Kindle touch as well, but they (for whatever reason) don't deliver to Germany. For now, Kindle touch isn't interesting enough for me, to go through the hassle of ordering from 3rd party.

Basically: I guess I'm kind of switching back to dedicated readers. Still love my tablets, though, of course.

Last edited by mgmueller; 02-27-2012 at 10:17 PM.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote