View Single Post
Old 05-05-2011, 09:38 PM   #3
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
That reminds me of "Horrid Henry," another book I found out about here, and that is, IIRC, some sort of award winner.

I could not see the point. It wasn't a grammar issue in that case, but it was just a story about a kid behaving badly. No moral, no lesson. no other point to the stories that I could discern. A friend looked at it, and his opinion was that it was fairly harmless, and some kinds are entertained by that sort of stuff.
My son read it, and, I was happy to hear, he didn't like it and didn't want to read any more in the series.
So I guess, for the purposes of this thread, I'm more concerned about about grammar element.
If the story IS good, and the kids DO want to read it, why must the authors of children's books spoon poor grammar into impressionable, sponge-like little brains?
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote