View Single Post
Old 02-18-2010, 05:46 PM   #11
dmaul1114
Wizard
dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by stustaff View Post
Not sure what Demos you have seen? Im not even sure there IS a large screen capacative device yet is there?
Use on iPhones. I'd assume it would have the the same precision etc on a bigger screen--especially from the same company.

Quote:
Your definatly best to wait and see, maybe pop into an apple store once demos are out?
For sure. And my girlfriend may end up with one as she doesn't care about stylus markup and just wants something to read PDFs on besides her PC/laptop, that can do e-mail, internet etc. So hopefully I'll get a chance to play around with one a lot!

Quote:
I dont know but imo you could be waiting forever for an A4 sized device with Wacom input and designed for document markup from the start...
Yeah, Wacom isn't a must, I may well be fine with other screen types. Size I can waver a bit on, as I could always print out the journal articles that have 2 or 3 columns of text that are hard to read if shrunk below A4 (and annoying to read in landscape with all the scrolling).

But at the same time, I'm in no huge rush as printouts have worked fine my whole academic career, and I'm not paying for the paper or ink so I can be patient and try out some different tablets that come out and be sure I find one I like.

I'm expecting 2011 to be more likely when I'll jump in, since we'll get a bunch of first gen tablets this year, and next year the 2nd gen models with the kinks worked out will start rolling out.

In any case, I'm excited to see what comes out over the next year or so!
dmaul1114 is offline   Reply With Quote