View Single Post
Old 08-18-2018, 10:18 PM   #29
bfisher
Wizard
bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Galaxy (Aldiko, Kobo app)
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrangerhere View Post
If Ishiguro had won the Nobel in '05 or '06 on the strength of this book, no one would have been surprised. The only reason it was such a head scratcher when he won in '17 was that his most recent work, The Buried Giant, was poorly received. I have read all his works and I think that Never Let Me Go and The Remains of the Day are absolute masterpieces.
I just completed the book. I understand now why he won the Nobel.
bfisher is offline   Reply With Quote