View Single Post
Old 08-17-2018, 09:22 PM   #27
darryl
Wizard
darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Oasis, Huwei Ascend Mate 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
I am not someone who can read a few chapters and then abandon a book; I figure once I start, I have to finish.
I was like that until relatively recently. Then, in the midst of reading an Indie which was not totally terrible but simply mediocre and failing to engage me, I thought enough. There are so many really good books to read why waste further time on this one? I do take pains to give a book a fair chance and not abandon it too quickly, but the odds are that I will sometimes miss out because I abandoned a book too early. I can count on one hand the number of books I have abandoned in this way so far.

If I still felt compelled to finish a book once I started it, I would make exactly the same decision as you in this type of instance. If you do ever read it I will be very interested in your comments.
darryl is offline   Reply With Quote