View Single Post
Old 08-17-2018, 10:36 AM   #25
darryl
Wizard
darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Oasis, Huwei Ascend Mate 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
I think I'll pass; the label "dystopian science fiction" makes me want to run away almost as much as what was in the spoiler!
I do understand your feelings, and it is of course your prerogative. When I'm challenged to try something different I sometimes accept and sometimes decline, often based on little more than my feelings at the time. Having said that, its surprising how often I do get some enjoyment and occasionally even love something I would not have normally read. Bear it in mind to read or listen to a chapter or two when you feel like something a little different. If it doesn't keep your interest by this stage then life is too short and there are too many wonderful things to read for you to waste your time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
OverDrive had The Girl with All the Gifts in the audiobook, so after all the raves here and even though it's not my thing I decided to give it a try as a swim-listen, when I prefer something I don't have to concentrate on. So far, so good; it's holding my attention which is the most important criterion when I'm in the water. I figured it would be a good run-up to Never Let Me Go.
I'm impressed your giving it a try and will be interested to hear your thoughts if and when you get a little further. But once again, life is too short and there are too many great things to spend too much time on something your not enjoying.
darryl is offline   Reply With Quote