View Single Post
Old 08-17-2018, 10:03 AM   #23
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl View Post
I feel compelled to defend The Girl With All the Gifts. Those of you who have not read it are IMHO really missing out. Whilst it is of course not without its flaws it is an exceptional book. The ideas explored are fascinating and it defies genre to some extent. It is not a traditional horror book. Dystopian Science Fiction is perhaps the best description, but not YA. Very character and idea driven, it explores some quite uncomfortable aspects of human nature. To the extent that the girl in the title (Melanie) is a monster, she is a very sympathetic one, to the point that you will likely find that your sympathies lie with her despite her real and threatening differences.
I think I'll pass; the label "dystopian science fiction" makes me want to run away almost as much as what was in the spoiler!
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote