View Single Post
Old 10-02-2015, 08:50 AM   #10
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by seigeweapon View Post
hey, guys. I'm trying to flash-write my KPW2 from 5.6.5 to 5.4.x, and being stuck. This is how I tried to do:

1) downloading kernel image and main fs image from http://ixtab.tk/kindle-touch-images/PW2/main/5.4.0/ and put these 2 files on usb root folder
2) soldering the serial wires
3) entering diag mode from Uboot, by "bootm 0xE41000"
4) flashing the two image files to partitions:
dd if=/mnt/us/main_kernel.img of=/dev/mmcblk0 bs=4096 seek=65
zcat /mnt/us/mmcblk0p1.bin.gz | dd of=/dev/mmcblk0p1 bs=4096
5) reboot

after this, my KP2 stops at booting kernel, and crys out this:

[ 2.074566] mmc0: unrecognised EXT_CSD revision 7
[ 2.079296] mmc0: error -22 whilst initialising MMC card

does this mean MMC card on my KP2 is not supported by the downloaded uImage? How can I proceed downgrading my KP2? Thanks!
Most likely, but let's check a few things first:

*) Which model of PW-2? There are at least eleven models:
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kindle_Serial_Numbers

*) Why did you want to install a 5.4.0 kernel and system image?
Why not something more recent, such as the system image that was working prior to the update to 5.6.5?
Why the kernel?

You must have some goal your trying to achive that you did not bother to mention.
We could give you better help if we knew what you where trying to accomplish.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote