View Single Post
Old 04-17-2015, 10:14 AM   #11
alain_desilets
alain_desilets began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Universe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
The Refund Policy states within 14 days of receiving it.

Your first post here - when you actually had the Onyx on hand - was on 3/14/2015.

Your claim of dissatisfaction is certainly legitimate, but I seriously doubt that you created a ticket before those 14 days were up.
I asked for a refund on March 17th, i.e. 3 days after my fist post here. I don't know exactly when I received the device, but I ordered it on March 10th (i.e. 7 days before I asked for the refund). I can post the content of the order slip and of the ticket if you don't believe me. BTW... the company is not disputing my claim that I asked for the refund in time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
You should try to negotiate for a repair or some kind of exchange for a working unit.

Other members here will chime in and offer their opinions. Most are happy and some (such as yourself) are unhappy.

The 'actual' truth is probably somewhere within a middle area.
I hope you are not disputing the truth of my own personal experience. I certainly don't dispute the truth that other people may have had good experience with them.

Believe me, I spent over a week trying to negociate a refund. Their final word was that they woud, if I:

A) Reset the device to factory settings
B) Paid for shipment of the device back

Point A) is now resolved, thanks to CoronarJunkie's help (btw... Onyx customer support provided no help in how to reset to factory setting with physical buttons only).

But point B) is still an issue. Shipping the device back would cost me 194 Euros. That's about 66% of what I paid for the thing in the first place. Given how they seem to be looking for any excuses not to refund, I am not sure I am willing to invest 194 Euros into that venture. I'm afraid they'll ultimately just find some other excuse not to refund.
alain_desilets is offline   Reply With Quote