View Single Post
Old 04-17-2015, 09:52 AM   #10
alain_desilets
alain_desilets began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Universe
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoronarJunkee View Post
You can reset the device to factory settings by only using the physical buttons.

1) you can browse the settings with the buttons only and navigate to factory reset

2) you can turn the device off (long press on the power button), then restart with power button and menu button until you see the device booting up without the graphic interface. You should see the option to reset the device right there.
Thx for the reply CoronarJunkee, it's been helpful. I was able to reset the device to factory by navigating using the physical buttons.

But... the screen still doesn't respond properly to pen clicks. So, the whole screen orientation may have been a red herring altogether.

I will try to see to what extent the device is usable with just the physical buttons. Onyx customer support made it very clear that even if I was able to restore the device to its factory state, I would still have to pay for the shipping costs myself. This amounts to 194 Euros, which is more than half what I paid for the device! I'll report on how that goes later on.
alain_desilets is offline   Reply With Quote