View Single Post
Old 01-05-2018, 02:35 AM   #68
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
Many people of my generation would; I don't think my children do. Most Canadian publishers have been absorbed during my lifetime by American publishing companies, so generally what one gets is American editions.

I remember searching the Ottawa library catalogue a few years ago when I wanted to read Victoria Finlay's "Colour: A Natural History of the Palette". I could never get a search hit on it , because of course the library owned only American edition copies. I couldn't find it in the catalogue until I did a search by author name
I had the same problem when I did a search online with my local library to check that they had The Color Purple, but of course automatically typed it with the U inserted. They didn't have that version, but do have it with the US spelling!
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote