View Single Post
Old 12-20-2011, 12:00 PM   #1
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Shut Down expends no battery energy.

I charged my Kindle Fire to 100%. Then I used Shut Down Mode for 10 hours.

When I awakened the Fire, the Bettery Meter still registered 100%. Thus, there was no noticeable energy expended on the boot up.

Some have claimed here that using Shut Down Mode expends energy. It does not and the test is readily duplicated by anyone.

Sleep Mode is simply more convenient since it takes less TIME to activate the Fire. Thus, it should be used when the user is awake. However, when the user is asleep, Shut Down Mode saves the most battery energy.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote