View Single Post
Old 07-07-2010, 10:19 AM   #184
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
Some quotes from musician and author Kinky Friedman.
(Kinky is not one to let a good line go unused so most of these turn up in multiple books, speeches, and interviews)

I've always said money may buy you a fine dog, but only love can make it wag its tail.

It was a nice neighborhood. If you liked neighborhoods.
Friedman, Kinky (1993), A Case of Lone Star.

I rarely meddled in the cat's personal affairs and she rarely meddled in mine. Neither of us was foolish enough to attribute human emotions to our pets.
Friedman, Kinky (1993), Greenwich Killing Time.

I knew I wasn't as stupid as I looked. No one was.
Friedman, Kinky (1993), Greenwich Killing Time

"Well, I hate to be the one to take the flyswatter to Tinker Bell, but..."

You can pick your friends and you can pick your nose, but you can’t wipe your friends off on your saddle.

Courtesy is owed. Respect is earned. Love is given.

We knew with the true certainty of the arrogance of youth that we could have been anything, we could have done anything, except maybe get older.

A fool and his money are soon elected.
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote