View Single Post
Old 06-22-2010, 07:12 PM   #9
dmaul1114
Wizard
dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 1
Just have to agree to disagree.

I'll never support any system that lets a living author, musician etc. see companies legally making money off his/her work with he/she not getting their cut of it. I 100% put the creator's interests above the public interest in that sense. If they wanted to give the work to society, anyone is free to do so by putting it out free online and never asking money for it in the first place.

If someone is lucky/talented enough to make something that sells for their lifetime, they should get their cut of it for at least that long.

I'm not a big fan of their heirs continuing to profit off it though--so I don't like the death +75 years standard we have now. So make it to death or a bit beyond.
dmaul1114 is offline   Reply With Quote