View Single Post
Old 03-06-2010, 06:54 AM   #5
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolforBooks View Post
Great, but.. when you edit the metadata, changing the title, and send that book back to the Kindle with Send to Device, are you re-naming the .mbp files to match the re-named book file? That is the only way those notes and highlights are still accessible through MyNotes&Marks.
I'll take a look at migrating the last-cached .mbp file with the book when using Send to device. That would obviously be helpful.

Quote:
The alternative would be not to re-name the file, leaving in Amazon's format, but change only the metadata within the file. Then the mbp files would still match up. I was very curious why you re-named the file at all.
That design decision precedes my involvement with calibre, but my sense is renaming the files is the right choice.

Quote:
And does #4 mean we must be using that sub-directory business with all the separate author and book files. I have disabled that.
No, you're not forced to use any particular scheme, but the scheme you use must be declared in Preferences|Add/Save|Sending to device. The storage pattern declared there is used to generate the path to find the associated .mbp file. So as long as you're using calibre to Send to device, Fetch annotations should be able to find the associated .mbp file. If the scheme you're using isn't finding the .mbp file, please post a bug report.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote