View Single Post
Old 10-21-2009, 07:19 PM   #2
Daithi
Publishers are evil!
Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Kindles
Well they answered one of my questions (kind of) and ignored another question.

I asked it the Nook supports Folders or Tags. <-- Question ignored.

I posted the following question about the LendMe feature:

Quote:
Your website on the Nook seems to indicate that a book can only be lent out once and no more. I'm hoping this is just poorly worded at that we can lend the book out again after the 14 day lending period has expired and the book becomes accessible to us again. Can someone clarify the lending policies?

This is what your FAQ says:
Can I lend eBooks from my nook?
Yes. With our new LendMe™ technology, you can now share from nook to nook. But it doesn’t stop there. Starting Nov. 30th, you can lend to and from any device with the Barnes & Noble eReader app, including PC, Mac OS®, BlackBerry®, iPhone™ and iPod® touch. All you need to know is your friend’s email address. You can lend many of your eBooks one time for a maximum of 14 days. When you use our LendMe™ technology, you will not be able to read your eBook while it is on loan, but you always get it back.
Here was the disappointing response

Quote:
by Administrator Kevin

Daithi,

Lending is a brand-new feature, unique to nook and the Barnes & Noble eReader software.

As the FAQ says, eBooks may be loaned one time, for a maximum of 14 days.
I posted a follow up

Quote:
Just to make sure I have this right, because I am going to start posting it on other blogs, such as Mobileread, Teleread, Kindleboards, etc., and I don't want to get anything wrong.

Once you lend a book out -- You can NEVER lend that book out again. Even after the 14 day lending period has expired, you can't relend it. You can't relend to the same person. You can't lend it to another friend. You can't relend it period. To be crystal clear, is that the policy?
I have a suspicion that they are not going to answer my follow up. My guess is that they have a low level B&N employee that looks through the questions and answers the ones to which he knows the answers, and basically the only information that employee has is the info in the poorly worded FAQ on their website.
Daithi is offline   Reply With Quote