View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 11:07 AM   #3
oneillpt
Connoisseur
oneillpt began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 (cracked screen!); PW1; Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneillpt View Post
It looks as if there may be some further changes needed related to the chosen feeds.
The old RSS feeds in some cases now are redirected to new feeds, and in other cases simply fail. "frontpage", "ireland" and "world" are all redirected to a "news" feed, which for me only extracts when redirected from "frontpage". "finance", "features", "sport" and "opinion" seem to extract still. "letters" redirects to a new "Debate" feed, which no longer contains the letters, and the redirection does not seem to extract (I viewed the feed in browser).

I no longer see a set of RSS feeds listed as before. These may now be in the process of being phased out in favour of RSS feeds tied to the subscription ePaper - the "Quick User Guide" for the "Newspaper replica view" on the Subscription/Epaper page has an item "Click on [icon] to create an RSS feed to the front page or entire newspaper".

With home delivery of the printed paper already I'm not going to subscribe to the ePaper as well. If I find a stable set of feeds which continue to work in Calibre, I'll post again on this thread. Otherwise it will be a case of availing of the offer of temporary ePaper subscription in place of home delivery when on holiday, which I hope well continue.
oneillpt is offline   Reply With Quote