View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 11:43 AM   #5
KWhytte
Enthusiast
KWhytte began at the beginning.

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRiker View Post
The CSV and XML output formats are intermediate formats, meaning that they are intended to be used as input to another program, for example a spreadsheet program. After importing the file, you can rearrange the columns and sort the contents in Excel as you choose.

It sounds like you have a particular workflow with Excel - why not create a macro?

You might also consider outputting your catalog in EPUB format and using the calibre reader to view it. You can create a catalog from the CLI, writing the output to your desktop, then open it from there. You can do all that without opening calibre's GUI.

G
As I briefly mentioned I get the csv output first then check comma and quotation mark while opening it in excel, then save it as htm output.

I did try epub and mobi outputs which gave me around 11mb file to handle while the htm output I often refer to is only 0.6mb and keep it open often to check/search or refer to in my collection of over 4000 items in calibre (not all of them books, some are university thesis) Not to mention I also upload a copy to the net as htm file for easy access from everywhere. I often update these files once a week too depending how many additional items added to my calibre
So the speed to open as well as small footprint to keep it on is crucial for me

Last edited by KWhytte; 12-03-2012 at 11:46 AM.
KWhytte is offline   Reply With Quote