View Single Post
Old 04-20-2012, 09:51 PM   #7
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike2046 View Post
Hi DDHarriman,

I think I undersand what is going on now, and apologize as my earlier information is not clear enough, due to a lack of understanding on my part. If I understand you correctly, you are trying to use the "Table of Contents" option on the view menu. I have never used this, and when I try it now I do get the same crash problem such as you have reported.

I have the Mobipocket Creator Publisher edition installed, and on this there is a "Guide" option on the view menu. This may not be present on the Home edition. This is the option I have used to add the table of contents, which I had previously defined within the html for the book itself. I had crashes with IE9 when I tried to use the Guide option, and it was this that I was able to fix by the changes I have described.

The following link explains the process of adding the table of contents in this way, and updating information via the Guide option.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=126721

This is the approach that I have used and which has worked for me. I hope that this makes things clearer.
Mike:

FYI, the TOC-crashing problem, in either Home or Pro edition, is the same problem that has prevented anyone from being able to use MBPC for the last year+, due to Exploder 9. This "solution" from Microsoft hasn't done anything to fix the only problem that prevents it from being used.

It's fine to use the Guide items, ala an ePUB, if one already has an html toc, but most MBPC users--the noobs--use it to create the TOC via the built-in function in MBPC Pro, so unfortunately, the information that you found on Microsoft is not really helpful--as long as you're not using the TOC function, you can run MBPC with IE9 all day long.

In short, the solution posted is not the solution to the actual problem. It may have an impact on some other aspect of glitches with MBPC, but with regard to the overweening "error message" problem that everyone has been talking about for over a year, this has no effect whatsoever; you still can't use MBPC to build a MOBI with an html TOC created from headers or other identified elements.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote