Thread: PRS-T1 Sony PRS T1 Charger
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2012, 04:12 PM   #45
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvReadin View Post
Nope - I use a multi-limbed 'Hydra' sort of charger that I picked up on eBay with a USB port on one end that goes into a wall plug that then goes into the socket, and it seems to have no trouble charging the Sony. Haven't noticed any difference between using this and charging via my PC with the proper Sony cable regarding the length of time it'll stay charged afterwards.

The one I originally bought was similar to this one:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/15-1-USB-M...item27c43ebf7f

but even though this is billed as a 'transfer' cable, I haven't been able to get it to transfer anything between the PC and the Sony, even though it will allow me to transfer between the PC and other gadgets, including other ereaders. Thus, I tend to keep this one on the PC for other things, and use a cheaper version, which is charge only, for charging the Sony off a wall socket.
Similar to this one: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Portable-U...item3f147cda83

You can see the micro-USB connection fifth from the right in the second pic.
You buy cheaply made stuff like that at it will break. Maybe it will break when you need it most and don't have access to another way to charge your reader. Really, buy something of good quality.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote