View Single Post
Old 01-08-2012, 01:01 AM   #6
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjack13 View Post
I must to have data.tar.gz provided by ixtab and replace lab126_gui.restarts to it ,Original RUNME.sh with insert command echo 0 > /var/local/upstart/lab126_gui.restarts ???
Do not make any changes to data.tar.gz. It already runs RUNME.sh.

Just do the echo in RUNME.sh, but also fix whatever caused startup to fail.

Resetting the boot counter will just allow it to fail because of whatever was damaged in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjack13
May I ask for original lab126_gui.restarts and RUNME.sh because I doesn't backup copy of /dev/mmcblk0p1

Thank you very much for previous helping
There is no original. The boot process begins by creating or incrementing the number in that file, and when successfully booted up it deletes that file.

I fixed mine as shown in the thread. It MIGHT be safe to just delete that file, but I KNOW that it is safe to replace the value in it. As I said in the thread (go read it), just add that echo statement that I provided to the RUNME.sh file.

Quote:
I don't clearly understand that RUNME.sh and lab126_gui.restarts have no original file
I just type /var/local/upstart/lab126_gui.restarts in RUNME.sh but my RUNME.sh hasn't anything command
Just put this statement in your RUNME.sh and store it on the USB drive:

echo 0 > /var/local/upstart/lab126_gui.restarts

Quote:
It same to show kindle need repair before type /var/local/upstart/lab126_gui.restarts to RUNME.sh
Create that file on the host PC (not on the kindle).

You need to repeat a command in a loop, repeating until it works, that saves your RUNME.sh onto the kindle USB Drive as soon as it appears during the boot. Then restart the kindle. That will just make it boot farther but whatever made it fail before will make it fail again. You need to add more commands in RUNME.sh that also repair the problem before resetting the boot counter.

Last edited by geekmaster; 01-08-2012 at 02:54 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote