View Single Post
Old 04-21-2011, 04:28 PM   #14
Caesius
Melancholy Clown
Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: Nook Tablet (had Cruz SE & PDN's before)
Re: Using It For Comic Books

I like my 7" Black Pandigital Novel. Some find it too small. But at "fit to screen" I like it just fine. It reads cbr and cbz without a problem (or rather, the Android Comic Viewer I use doesn't have a problem). It is not terribly expensive (it was a gift, the person got it on QVC -- allowing them to pay over 4 months using Easy pay).

It has standard 4GB -- and I've read (but have never attempted) that you can open it up and switchout the 4GB microSD to one of your liking. It also accepts up to 32GB from an external SD. All the info is out there online, of course, and I know I'll leave something out. I am not a super user or anything. And while I am not familiar with the other devices available world-wide, it is one of the best for the price. At least NOW. Only in the last part of 2010 did they bring their A-game. And I may be mistaken, but it seems you have memory requirements which are way above what I'd expect a smaller device to handle. If not, I'd take a look at it.

Now there is one issue with the 7" PDN which could be a deal breaker. It would be for me, if I had a vast amount of choices. That is the command bar at the bottom of the page (BACK, HOME & SETTINGS) does not go away when you view a COMIC BOOK page and thus obscures the bottom of the page making a cell sometimes unreadable unless you move it yourself.

Last edited by Caesius; 05-20-2011 at 07:13 PM. Reason: Clarifying All Comments Are "Comic Book" Specific
Caesius is offline   Reply With Quote