View Single Post
Old 04-07-2011, 05:25 PM   #1
makani
Enthusiast
makani began at the beginning.

Device: sony PRS-505
prs 505 vs prs 350 & 950

I finally was able to be in my local Best Buy store when both the 350 & 950 were working at the same time. I have been lusting after one of the new Sony's since they came out but wanted to handle them in person berfore the splurge. I probably would be more interested in the 650 but the other two gave me a good idea of what to expect when and if it would be available again.

I saw no difference in the two new readers as far as the quality of the reading when they were set up identicaly, however I probably would opt for the 950 simply for the fewer page turns, as I read almost exclusively at home.

Here is the kicker though, I took my 505 with me to compare in the store and found hardly any difference in the print quality (my 505 is set up with default fonts). Also I found the page turning just as easy and more comfortable with my 505 button clicking method vs the swipe turning on the newer reader.
I realize this is simply my own prefrence and there are other things to consider when picking out an ereader, but for me I will be perfectly happy and satisfied with my old 505 till it stops operating.
makani is offline   Reply With Quote