View Single Post
Old 02-28-2011, 05:34 AM   #43
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@schuster - I do like the idea of being able to track down books that need larger covers or invalid metadata. It could indeed be fairly easily done as a plugin. Does anyone else have any other suggestions for criteria by which they would like to isolate books that isn't available with the current search?

I'll add a couple more plugin ideas here so I don't forget them...
  • A "Cover Generator" plugin. Calibre has one built in, but it isn't flexible for people who want to have their own cover images. Quite often particularly for the likes of short stories there is no commercial/official cover available. I remember seeing a ticket ages ago for someone wanting to the ability to have different covers for different genres. I think a plugin that let you define a bunch of possible images, and you then choose one when you generate would be useful to me at least (not a fan of the default image). Potentially there could be more control over the text that appears on it as well - any suggestions for what you might want to see let me know.
  • I mentioned on another thread an idea for a "Tag Cleaner". It would use a similar approach to that in the Goodreads Metadata download plugin of defining a mapping between input tags and tags you want to use in your library. You would have a gui allowing you to customise and control which tags map to each and discard any you do not have a mapping for. It would work across metadata sources (including the ability to remap the Goodreads tags) as you would do it as a separate step after your normal Ctrl+D download. So if you are frustrated with getting a dozen variants of "sci-fi, scifi, science fiction" this would automatically resolve them rather than manually retyping the tags yourself.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote