View Single Post
Old 11-17-2010, 02:24 AM   #20
Seanette
Addict
Seanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-books

Device: Samsung Galaxy s3 (Android 4.4.2), iPad 2, Win10 laptop
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
What shows? What type of hard ware do you have? Do you have a TiVo, or XBox or Play Station?

BOb
We have a Roku box and our computers on DSL, plus a rather old CRT-based TV (purchased ca. 11 years ago). DH is hooked on "The Event", we both like "Mythbusters", I like "Dirty Jobs" and "The Smoking Gun Presents", and there's some stuff on BYU-TV I find of interest.

On further research, I've found that both Amazon and iTunes are reasonably current for new episodes of the first three, iTunes does OK with TSG, and I get along decently with streaming on my computer for stuff DH doesn't have a significant interest in (he really prefers to watch on the TV vs. computer, I'm more flexible).

I had thought Roku had an iTunes channel, but now can't find it (I posted a question on their Facebook page). Amazon plays nicely with the Roku, so that's OK (I was apparently mistaken earlier about their selection on the shows I want). Another post in this thread led me to clicker.com, which looks helpful.

DH isn't opposed to cutting cable as long as he can watch the stuff he's interested in , and even buying a season's access at a time from Amazon or iTunes is cheaper than my cable bill. I may well be bidding Comcast farewell soon.
Seanette is offline   Reply With Quote