Thread: PRS-900 Fading in the sun
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2010, 01:10 PM   #14
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakySnake View Post
Mine hasn't got a problem with temperature. It just doesn't refresh properly if direct sunlight is on the screen.

Should I get a new one before it runs out of warranty? It is not a big problem at the moment because no issue in the shade only direct sunlight, but what if it get worse? I am worried that it will become an issue after 12 months are up.
What you have is a defective screen. yes, you should get it replaced before the warranty runs out. The screen of the 900 is not supposed to fade in direct sunlight. So go back to were you got it and see if you can get it swapped and if not, give Sony a call and get them to sort it out for you.

Vizplex screens are not supposed to fade when properly working.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote