View Single Post
Old 07-28-2010, 02:32 PM   #19
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWiTCommander View Post
Lots of people do not know the difference between defence and allergy.
Seriously?! They're nowhere near the same thing!

Unless you're talking about that hypothesis that the apparent potentially fatal allergy increase in recent decades is due to bored immune systems attacking their host body for want of anything better to do, in which case if I squint and tilt my head sideways, I can kind of see how they might be conflated.

Anyways, one caveat re: using Kindlegen. New 1.1 version for bizarre and unfathomable reasons appends a complete copy of your source files to the end of the generated mobi (can't imagine why), so unless you want horribly bloated files, it's a good idea to use the hidden -donotaddsource option.

Also useful, -c2 for tightest compression, and -unicode for Unicode support.

As a Mac user, I'd have to say that I actually prefer using command-line tools to Calibre.

Not that Calibre isn't an excellent, well-featured app; it's just clunky-looking and slow to load on both my computers and I don't fancy firing it up when I just want to make a few simple changes that could be more quickly done via the Terminal.

ETA: Hey, I just went from Connoisseur to Zealot with this post!
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote