View Single Post
Old 08-01-2021, 10:56 PM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDB View Post
I went to content and devices and selected my Kindle. Then I clicked view device content. Then I highlighted the content and copy/pasted it into a Word file. What I wound up with is this, plus a solid line full page width between the 0 and the next title that for some reason doesn't show up here as it does in Word:

Spoiler:
· · Code Name: Lise: The True Story of the Woman Who Became WWII's Most Highly Decorated Spy
Larry Loftis
December 12, 2020

· · Act of War: The Sinking of the Lusitania (Kindle Single)
Diana Preston
December 12, 2020

· Blazing Star, Setting Sun: The Guadalcanal-Solomons Campaign November 1942–March 1943
Update Available
Jeffrey Cox
December 11, 2020

What I want to have is this:

· · The Tinfish Run
Ronald Bassett
------
· · The Mighty Eighth: The Air War in Europe as Told by the Men Who Fought It
Gerald Astor
------
· · Churchill's Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare: The Mavericks Who Plotted Hitler's Defeat
Giles Milton
------

And I'd like to get rid of the two dots. I tried copying the long line and doing a find/replace but that didn't work. Any suggestions on how to edit in Word to change the full width line to 5 or 6 dashes in a global one fell swoop? I'm just highlighting and backspacing on the date/zero but hoping to not have to do that and type the dashes every time. Thanks for any input.
The only time I tried grabbing stuff from Contents and Devices, I copied and pasted into a text file open in Notepad++. I then removed any string of spaces longer than 1, converted the CR/LF pairs into tabs and then replaced the tab-0-tab triplet with a CR/LF. I used tabs to avoid issues from the ,'s embedded into many titles, etc.

I then opened Excel, and used Get Data to import a tab delimited text file. I then deleted the READs, dates, etc and ended up with a 2 column spreadsheet with title and author.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote