View Single Post
Old 07-18-2011, 03:58 PM   #5
yelloguy
Enthusiast
yelloguy is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.yelloguy is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.yelloguy is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.yelloguy is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.yelloguy is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.yelloguy is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.yelloguy is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.yelloguy is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.yelloguy is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.yelloguy is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.yelloguy is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: none
I am coming from a Sony PRS 350 to Nook Color so when I am reading in the dim light, I go to the minimum possible brightness (without making the screen flicker). Anything more looks too shiny. That is one reason I gave up on the Kindle app. It wouldn't get completely dull or paper-like even at the lowest brightness. But FBReader can. However you have to swipe the left side very carefully. Nook app can give me that as well. But with a lot of fiddling. That is why I am loathe to lose that setting during daylight reading.

(Using Adj Brightness app, at 5% brightness setting it can be a comfortable read. At 4% the screen starts to flicker.)
yelloguy is offline   Reply With Quote