Thread: PRS-505 Sideloading Possible?
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2017, 01:00 AM   #1
Richwood
Astronomy Nut
Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle (All), Kobo (Multiple), Sony (most) and Nook Glowlight Plus
Sideloading Possible?

I have a PRS-505 and a PRS-300, bought used without software and have not been able to use them yet due to not being able to do a simple sideload of books, unlike my Kindle and Kobo readers. I have also not been able to find a download of the Sony control software for my 32 bit PC running Windows XP.

Any links to side loading instructions or a source of an early version of the Sony reader files control software for my antique PC?

Based on web searches I get the impression that the early Sony e-readers may be useless without the software for a computer and a check of the Kobo site indicates that the current software is not available for anything prior to Windows 8.
Richwood is offline   Reply With Quote