View Single Post
Old 02-10-2012, 12:29 AM   #179
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetcop View Post
I'd be very grateful, geekmaster, if you would write a little more about how you used USB HID mode to eventually launch ssh. I can get my bricked KT into USB HID mode (with the wiki information), but then you talk about two things that are beyond my technical knowledge, using a custom u-boot image and flashing the kernel. Once it's at the Diags menu it looks easy to start usbnet. Then I can fix mine, which probably is bricked by a problem others are also dealing with, judging by the notice at the top of the wiki, of /var/local filling up.
Most bricked kindles do not need reflashing. It is just the root partition that is damaged, so you should still be able to boot to diags mode if you can just get it there. You should not need to go into fastboot mode or use the fastboot tool.

I will provide a custom u-boot that forces diag mode. Then the next reboot should enter the diagnostics menu. In diagnostics mode you can also run a runme.sh script using a variation of the ixtab jailbreak.

I will provide a package to do these things very soon.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote