View Single Post
Old 02-11-2009, 08:44 PM   #8
BurBunny
Zealot
BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2.0 In Hand
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
Your chosen name "BurBunny" sounded to me very similar to "Brer Rabbit" and the reference was, an apparently obscure, reference to his story about his "Laughing Place". The lounge does provide a lot of laughs but the various forums also provide a rich education as well.
Perhaps similar sounding, but much different in origin for the names. Bur is short for "Amber" (since "ber" phonetically sounds too much like "bear"), and the bunny portion... well, it's a long story having to do with arachnophobia, young love, and the early days of Compuserve CB in the 80s with a young woman known as "Bunners" and men on the gay channel who misunderstood the meaning of her "handle"...

As to the literary reference, I'm sure it wouldn't have been as obscure to someone who had read the Uncle Remus books more recently than three decades ago. It might be time for me to revisit those classics tales.
BurBunny is offline   Reply With Quote