View Single Post
Old 05-08-2012, 07:59 AM   #9
louwin
Newbie Nerd
louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 3 64Gb Black
Sorry, I can't remember what I did or didn't do any more

I tried ssssoooo many things. Somewhere in my trying I must have pushed "Okay" as approximately 400 books got weird **** in them in the Genre column.

I suspect all (the ones I have looked at?) the interspaced insertions were in "Science Fiction: Doctor Who".

When I remove all the "Adult Fiction" that is what I'm left with. But I could be wrong??

None of the series have that string. They are all "Doctor Who: Something or other"

As far as I know ALL the books had "Adult Fiction" in them as I had just injected this into them.

The genre column would NEVER have contained Doctor Who as seconds earlier I had selected ALL the books and changed the genre column to "Adult Fiction" ready to change select books to "SciFi".

Sequence of events - selected all 9347 books editted Genre column to "Adult Fiction". Scrolled up and down a bit, saw they were as expected. Selected 11 series of Doctor Who:... - 880 books, pressed "E", changed to S & R tab, selected #genre, entered replace with to "SciFi", looked down and saw "SciFi" ad inifinitum (thought it was because the "with" field was unset) entered search with to "Adult Fiction", ready to press Return, looked down and saw the mess in the bottom of the dialogue, paniced and cancelled....

Repeated the second part of the sequence, took a snapshot, tried a few more things, opened a new thread and here we are.

Sorry I am going to concentrate on fixing the mess later.

I am babysitting my grandkids so am on my daughter's laptop, no access to Calibre
louwin is offline   Reply With Quote