Thread: Odyssey Dictionaries: WANTED
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2012, 05:29 AM   #30
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis
AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several eReaders and tablets
Hi,

I am dangerously busy these days, so I am not sure if (and least, when) I will include the MOBI part into Penelope.

Moreover, the principal problem I face is that the Mobipocket format for dictionaries seems quite arbitrary, requiring a specific parsing strategy case-by-case.

For now, you can try unpacking your MOBI dictionary with MobiUnpack, use a text editor / your own script/programs / etc to isolate the single definitions, put them into the XML format read by Penelope and then use it to get the final dictionary for the Odyssey.

If you have just one/two dictionaries to convert, I could do it for you, write me a PM.

EDIT: sorry, by reading too quickly, I misunderstood your post. However, to convert to StarDict the problem of parsing on a case-by-case basis might still be relevant. The three MOBI-> StarDict conversions I made had also some other processing in them. I need to investigate further this matter.

Last edited by AlPe; 03-04-2012 at 05:49 AM.
AlPe is offline   Reply With Quote